Industrial activity has picked up in Andhra Pradesh post bifurcation. There is considerable improvement in the corporate investment climate in AP today and the serious monitoring the government is doing regarding the progress is resulting in some time bound on-ground industrial development.
The state government has taken up 926 projects across the departments with 5,03.978 crore investment providing employment to 10.05,506 people.
- Under green category – Civil works commencement and beyond: 917 projects with an investment of 1,43,633 crore, providing employment to 2, 23,385 people has been reported.
- Under the Red category – before civil works commencement: 409 projects with 3,60,345 crore investment providing employment to 7,82,121 people has been recorded across the departments.
The data was submitted by the departments of Industries and Infrastructure and Investments in the recent collectors conference to the CM. The department of industries and commerce has exclusively submitted its report in the form of a PowerPoint presentation.
The following three ultra-mega projects have been included under the 375 projects with an investment of 3.31.650 crore providing employment to 7,77,043 people.
- EFFEL infra projects with 73,500 crore investment,
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited with 38,500 crore,
- and Chinese construction consortium with Rs 35,000 cr investment.
Source: Deccan Chronicle