Andhra Pradesh ranks first among all States with largest employability level, according to India Skills Report. The report is a joint initiative of online talent assessment firm, Wheebox, in association with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Linkedin, PeopleStrong and Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Andhra Pradesh has the highest employability level with 65.2 per cent of employable workforce in the 22-25 years age group. The two cities of Vishakapatnam (85.53 per cent) and Guntur (81.07 per cent) in Andhra Pradesh had scored highest in employability index.
- The results are part of Wheebox Employability Skill Test (WEST) that assessed about five lakh candidates spread out to 5,000 educational campuses across 29 States and seven union territories (UTs)in the country on various employability parameters including numerical and logical ability, communication skills, and domain knowledge, etc.
- The top 10 states are Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand and Haryana.
- Compared to last year’s list of Top 10 states, the new entrants include –Jharkhand, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana. Few states which lost their slot in the top 10 states are – Orissa, Kerala & Pondicherry.
- Within the psychometric tests, Andhra Pradesh is leading in English language & computers skills but ranks low in numerical & logical reasoning aptitude.
- The study forecasts an overall increase of 14.5 per cent in the hiring outlook for 2016.
- The maximum hiring activity can be seen in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana, respectively.
- Candidates from Tier 2 & 3 cities found highly employable with employability level 50% compared to tier 1 cities which are at 30%.
- The sectors which will see maximum hiring are Retail, e commerce, BFSI, Pharma, Telecom, Manufacturing