Investments worth Rs 4,658 crore from major industrial houses have been promised on the day of releasing the tourism policy document in Vijayawada. The state government has inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with 32 companies which have come forward to invest Rs 3,845 crore in various fields. Another 21 companies have evinced interest to invest Rs 813 crore in several diverse areas, according to announcements made by the department.
- Among those who offered investments include ITC, Taj Gateway Hotels, Hotel Leela Ventures, Accor Hotels Sea Valley, Essel Infra, Mahindra Holidays and Resorts, GRT Grand Hotels, Sterling Holiday Resorts, Pragathi Resorts, Wonder La Holidays etc.
- Also, Pawan Hans Limited and Sky choppers have come forward to run helicopter tours between Amaravati, Vijayawada, Vizag, Rajahmundry, Konaseema and other tourist destinations.
- Similarly, Craftsman Realty and Hospitality Services offered to invest in amphibious rides at Konaseema backwaters, Kakinada port, Vizag.
- ITC has announced building two five star hotels in Guntur and Vizag in the first phase and another hotel at Mangalagiri later.
- Meanwhile, Taj Group said ‘a good’ news can be heard from them shortly.
Other major companies which have signed the MoU with state government are
- Accor Sea Valley Hotels to construct Hotels and Covention centres with Rs 300 crore in Vijayawada, Vizag and Tirupati
- Essel Infra, which will develop Integrated Resort City at Tirupati, offered Rs 1,000 crore investment;
- Sterling Holiday Resorts (Rs 125 crore); GRT grand (Rs 45 crore); Pragathi Resorts (Rs 300 crore); M and M Hotels (Rs 50 crore); Wonder La Holidays (Rs 250crore); SPI Cinemas (Rs 510 crore).
- Similarly, Sea Valley and Peace and Sai Vighnesh Hotels will invest Rs 150 cr for development of star hotels in Vijayawada.
- Buddha Beach Resort and Golden Sand Resort will develop resorts at Chirala and Bapatla.
- Also, Trivik Hotel, Sai Hospitals have come forward to construct three star hotels.
- Meanwhile, Sky Choppers has announced that it will spend Rs 300 crore for services between Vijayawada, Vizag, Rajahmundry and Kakinada.
- Sricity Projects will invest Rs 1 crore for water sports at Kandaleru River in Pulicot lake.
- Oberoi Group has told the government that it would come up with proposals to build five star hotels in the viable areas.
- Same is the case with Carlson Rezidor Group, and Leela Ventures.