Whenever any state government declares big investments with huge, eye popping figures, people treat it with disdain. That’s because most of these investments do not finally break ground. Not this time though. On his 100th day in office in AP, Naidu inked MOUs worth Rs 80,000/- crs. what is heartening is the speed with which the government moved in the last 100 days to make this happen. Here are the details of the MOUs.
- The state and various central public sector undertakings inked the MoUs for 6,500 Megawatt power projects. While 4,000 MW super critical ultra mega thermal plant will come up in Visakhapatnam district, 2,500 MW solar plants will be set up in Rayalaseema.The National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Limited signed the MoU for its long-pending 4,000 MW thermal power project at Pudimadaka in Visakhapatnam district. The Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC) handed over 1,200 acres of land to NTPC for the project.
- NTPC signed the MoU for 1000 MW solar park in Kadiri in Anantapur district. The NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam Limited (NVVNL) will build a 1000 MW solar plant at Panyam in Kurnool district. The Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) signed another agreement for establishing a 500 MW solar plant in Kadapa district.
- Leading two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp signed an MoU for setting up its plant with an investment of Rs.3,000 crore. The state government allotted 600 acres of land for the project in Madannapalem village of Satyavedu mandal of Chittoor district.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) will set up a manufacturing facility in Chittoor district with an investment of Rs.600 crore. The chief minster handed over to DRDO officials a letter alloting 1,103 acres of land in Chinnatayyur and Kokkiralakonda villages of SR Puram Mandal of Chittoor district.
- Naidu also handed over provisional allotment letter to SAMEER (Society for Applied Microwave Electromagnetic Engineering & Research, Government of India) for 13 acres in Ganbheeram village of Anandapuram mandal in Visakhapatnam district.