Kakinada seems to be heading towards greater glory as all recent developments seem to be heading towards the right direction.
- Kakinada is perfectly positioned in the present scheme of things. Its port has been doing well.
- The KG basin gas reserves are very close so that the region can take advantage by setting up power / fertilizer plants once the gas dispute and pricing are sorted out. In fact many power plants in the vicinity which have already completed construction, are idling due to lack of natural gas.
- The Vizag – Kakinada PCPIR now seems to be hitting the ground. Read our earlier post on this.
- The central government has announced in the recent budget that it has zeroed in on Kakinada to develop it as the country’s hardware hub. READ the Andhra Jyothy report here.
- The LNG terminal in Kakinada is also making a brisk progress. Read our earlier report HERE.
In the next 4-5 years, if thing go well, it will not be surprising to see the Vizag – Kakinada stretch develop as one of the country’s finest industrial corridors.